Here’s our current listing of class times, or…
Jump down to Dayton, Ohio – Special Training Events listing!
Training Levels Based on Belt Ranks
- White Belt & higher – Foundational training – open to all members
- Blue Belt & higher – Advanced training with moving positioning for throw & strike defense
- Green Belt & higher – Strike, lock, throw, & ground-fight flow defense training
- Black Belt – All techniques and concepts in advanced application training
Dayton, Ohio – Special Training Events
ELEMENTAL TESTING: 10:00am – 1:00pm on the following Saturdays:
ELEMENTAL REVIEW: 7:30 – 9:00pm on the following Wednesdays:
BLACK BELT TESTING: 7:30 – 9:00pm on the following Mondays:
BLACK BELT REVIEW: 7:30 – 9:00pm on the following Mondays:
GRADUATION: 6:30 – 8:00pm (students to arrive by 6:00pm) on the following Fridays:
Thursday, May 25
OTHER TRAINING EVENTS:
June 1 Thursday (8:15-9:00pm): Fundamentals of Ground Escapes $15, or if you are a BBC member, come as our guest!
June 3 Saturday (10:00-1:00pm): Elemental Testing
June 5, 12, 19, 26 Mondays (8:15-9:00pm): Ground Quest $10
June 8, 15 Thursdays (8:15-9:00pm): Gyokko Ryu Shoden $15, or if you are a BBC member, come as our guest!
June 10-11 Saturday & Sunday: FAST Seminar $299, Payment Plan available
June 14 Wednesday (8:15-9:00): Elemental Review $10
June 14, 28 Wednesdays (7:30-8:15pm): Quest Mind Meditation $10
June 21 Wednesday (8:15-9:00pm): New Moon Meditation $10
June 22, 29 Thursdays (8:15-9:00pm): Ukemi $15, or if you are a BBC member, come as our guest!
June 23 Friday (6:30-8:00pm): Graduation Students- Arrive by 6:00pm
June 24 Saturday (2:00-4:30pm): Quest Picnic
Be ready to get the most out of every class!
- Attend classes weekly on a regular, consistent schedule
- Classes include workout introduction to To-Shin Do techniques, with a chance to try the techniques against training targets and in dynamic simulation with a partner
- Bring protective gear appropriate for belt level
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes prior to scheduled class; don’t run in late
- Keep uniform neat, clean, and odor-free; not a good idea to wash your belt, as it will shrink
- Health regulations dictate tabi or heavy socks – no bare feet!
- Quietly prepare for class – do not disturb current class in session
- Always be courteous with an eye on safety – politely remind your guests to do the same
- Arrange to make up any missed classes
- Show proper effort, spirit, and respect in the dojo at all times. Make every moment count!
- Practice and review at home for best results
- Use SKH Quest DVDs to review lessons in your belt-level curriculum
- Keep your notebook up to date
- Take responsibility for passing your tests!