Here’s our current listing of class times, or…
Jump down to Dayton, Ohio – Special Training Events listing!
Training Levels Based on Belt Ranks
- White Belt & higher – Foundational training – open to all members
- Blue Belt & higher – Advanced training with moving positioning for throw & strike defense
- Green Belt & higher – Strike, lock, throw, & ground-fight flow defense training
- Black Belt – All techniques and concepts in advanced application training
Dayton, Ohio – Special Training Events
ELEMENTAL TESTING: 10:00am – 1:00pm on the following Saturdays:
ELEMENTAL REVIEW: 7:30 – 9:00pm on the following Wednesdays:
BLACK BELT TESTING: 7:30 – 9:00pm on the following Mondays:
BLACK BELT REVIEW: 7:30 – 9:00pm on the following Mondays:
GRADUATION: 6:30 – 8:00pm (students to arrive by 6:00pm) on the following Fridays:
Thursday, May 25
OTHER TRAINING EVENTS:
August 2, 16, 30 Wednesdays (7:30-8:15pm): Quest Mind Meditation $10
August 3 Thursday (8:15-9:00pm): Gun Defenses $15, or if you are a BBC member, come as our guest!
August 7, 14, 21, 28 Mondays (8:15-9:00pm): Ground Quest $10
August 9 Wednesday (8:30-9:15pm): Full Moon Meditation $10
August 10, 17 Thursdays (8:15-9:00pm): Shuriken $15, or if you are a BBC member, come as our guest!
August 11-13 Friday-Sunday: Mountain Quest Held by Chapel Hill Quest Center in North Carolina
August 12 Saturday (10:00am-1:00pm): Elemental Testing
August 16 Wednesday (7:30-9:00pm): Elemental Review
August 18 Friday (6:00-9:00pm): Parent’s Night Out Theme TBA, $25 per child
August 23 Wednesday (8:30-9:15pm): New Moon Meditation $10
August 24, 31 Thursdays (8:15-9:00pm): Bo Staff $15, or if you are a BBC member, come as our guest!
August 25 Friday (6:30-8:00pm): Graduation Students- Arrive by 6:00pm
August 26 Saturday (1:30-2:30pm): Ryu Tai Dragon Body Yoga with Anshu Rumiko Hayes $10
Be ready to get the most out of every class!
- Attend classes weekly on a regular, consistent schedule
- Classes include workout introduction to To-Shin Do techniques, with a chance to try the techniques against training targets and in dynamic simulation with a partner
- Bring protective gear appropriate for belt level
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes prior to scheduled class; don’t run in late
- Keep uniform neat, clean, and odor-free; not a good idea to wash your belt, as it will shrink
- Health regulations dictate tabi or heavy socks – no bare feet!
- Quietly prepare for class – do not disturb current class in session
- Always be courteous with an eye on safety – politely remind your guests to do the same
- Arrange to make up any missed classes
- Show proper effort, spirit, and respect in the dojo at all times. Make every moment count!
- Practice and review at home for best results
- Use SKH Quest DVDs to review lessons in your belt-level curriculum
- Keep your notebook up to date
- Take responsibility for passing your tests!